Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How Many Days Old Are You?

(UPDATED, due to additional input)

Why do most people tend to hide their true age? Some turn, literally pale, when asked "how old are you?" Some just smiled and would say "just leave it to me". And there where those mean who would reply, "it's none of your business".

Few years ago, one verse from the Bible inspired me to start counting how many days old I was.
Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

If we worry about every day making us older, you miss the wonderful little surprises that each day offers. So many people die so young, it is a shame to regret turning a year older. Each day should be considered a gift rather than a curse. If we could be thankful for every day that we are alive, we wouldn't have sadness about silly things like a birthday or gray hairs. We're aging like fine wine, just getting better with time!

Let's have some fun! Anybody who wants to know how many days old are you? Click on my comments, give me your name, your birth date and come back again to me tomorrow.


I am... 13, 188 days old (as of 10-09-08)
Ruby... 13, 977 days old (as of 10-10-08)
Lorraine... 14, 169 days old (as of 10-10-08)
Flavianna... 11, 928 days old (as of 10-10-08)
Margaret... 9, 260 days old (as of 10-10-08)
Niar... 8,167 days old (as of 10-11-08)
Pearl... 12, 023 days old (as of 10-11-08)
Ben... 8,815 days old (as of 10-12-08)
Fateen...11,349 days old (as of 10-21-08)
Susan...19,887 days old (as of 10-24-08)




16 comments:

Hi! I'm Ruby said...

This is cool, Grace. Check mine, July 3, 1970.
And of course, I don't need to leave my name because you know it already. :)

Lorraine said...

Hi, Grace, check mine, too. December 13, 1969. Of course, you know my name, it's Lorraine. I'll be checking it tomorrow. :)

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Marian Fortunati said...

I can't count that high!
:)

Flavi said...

Very good Grace! Check out my too, February 12, 1976.
Flavianna

Kisses

Jennifer said...

Hi, I am doing great!! Great post!!

Margaret said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is great too. I would love to know how many days old I am.

June 3, 1983

Margaret said...

Thanks for figuring it.

Niar said...

hi grace...
Iam June, 1 1986.
of course you know that Iam niar.

much luv

Pearl said...

yay! I want to know how many days old am I...Nov 10, 1975.:-)thanks! this is pearl.

Hi! I'm Ruby said...

ohmygosh! what a figure! he-he-he thanks, anyway. :)

Lorraine said...

whoaa! i'm the oldest here... :) anyway, thanks Grace.

Ben said...

Hi Grace I am Ben.Aug.24.1984
And I'll see my age tomorrow.

Fateen SM said...

niceee...mine is 24th september 1977..will be back later :D

Fateen SM said...

wow...thanx :D thats a lot of number for me..hheheee :)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

19,887 for me as of 24th Oct.

I beat everybodeeee!