Sunday, February 8, 2009

Successful Marriage (part 7)

It is Sunday once again, and I am so excited to proceed with our Sermon Series of "Successful Marriage". Wives, I guarantee, you will going to love this part 7.
ROLE OF MEN
We have been saying that "Oneness" is God's blueprint for success. This oneness can be achieved if man and woman fulfill their Biblical roles. Part six (6) was man's role in marriage, by stating that he is to be the wife's leader. Today, we will be looking into his second role. The husband is to be the wife's lover.
Dr. Jay Adams, a well-known Christian counselor states that leadership and love are concepts that should be intertwined so that what we have is loving relationship.
Ephesians 5: 28-29 "In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church."
Ephesians 5:33 "However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."
1. Two Great Needs In Marriage
.....a. The wife has a great need for love.
.....b. The husband's needs to be reminded to love his wife three times within the space of only a few verses.
One problem that needs to be noted as to the reason why the husband tends to forget to love his wife is his natural tendency to manage his life, so that he concentrates on one thing at a time.
2. How Husband Should Express Love To His Wife?
.....a. The husband must love his wife as his own body.
.........*Normally, the man gives a great deal of thought, effort and money to take care of his needs.
........*Hi needs, desires, aspirations, his body and comfort are very important to him.
........*He protects and nourishes his body and does not bring any harm to it.
NOTE: this is the way the husband is to love his wife. He is to love, provides, satisfy, care and protect for her in the same way he would do for himself.
.....b. The husband must love his wife as Christ loved the Church.
........*Christ's love was unfathomable
........QUESTION: Can your wife say that she is overwhelmed with your love?
........*Christ love though immeasurable, could however be described in the following ways:
............-Unconditional (Romans 5:8)
............-Volational (John 13:1)
............-Intensive (Ephesians 5:2,25)
............-Unending (Romans8:39)
............-Unselfish (Philippians 2:6-7)
............-Purposeful. Jesus works for our progress, happiness and benefit. (Ephesians 5:26-27)
............-Sacrificial. Jesus died for us.
............-Manifest. Jesus show of his love and acted it out. (John 15:9-14; 13:1)
CONCLUSION: The husband is to love his wife as himself and as Christ loved the church.
.
One more series to go for "Role of Men". Successful Marriage (part six) can be found at my February 1st post. For advance study, listen to audio-sermon at Living Word Christian Ministries.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

im not sure its realistic to expect men to "get" all that... when im having an issue with my hubby, i simply remind him that i expect to be treated the way i treat him. that good ole "do unto others as you would have them do you" trumps everything else all the time ;).

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

Thank you. I just tied the knot and this article must be very helpful both for me and my wife...

Anonymous said...

Nice posting Grace

x said...

this kind of reminds me of the pressure society (pinoy society, at least) puts on men when things could be so simple.

Carol said...

Hi Grace,

Thanks for visting my blog, your welcome anytime. I really enjoyed this post. I'll have to go back and read the previous posts.

Be blessed my friend.

Carol

Sidney said...

Hehehehe...maybe easier said than done ! ;-)

Cinder Rail'lee said...

WONDERFUL POST! I agree with Annie, I remind him,EVERYDAY, the things I do for him. 21 years later, I now get reminded of what he does me for. LOL
THANK YOU for sharing!!

Ivana said...

great lessons!!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

thank you for the comment Grace I love that picture of the frozen fountain...
love this post of yours as well. The bible gives such clear and easy directions for all to follow :)

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Hi Grace!
I just went to Light house and saw your prayer. I will be praying for you both. Thanks for stopping by often. I really appreciate all your comments. You are a blessing to me.
Have a beautiful wonderfully blessed week!

Denise said...

I saw your prayer request over at the lighthouse of prayer. I said a prayer for your husband. I ask God to help him be very successful with his current studies. Bless you both.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I do like the conclusion part the best.

Dorothy said...

Strong words filled with wisdom and hope..I'm so glad I found your site.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com