Monday, March 16, 2009

My Dental Check-Up

Finally, I had a dental check-up this day. It has been few weeks that my husband convinced me to see a dentist but it scared me, not the dentist... but it is the dental fees that scares me. Oh my gosh! I can't believe that dental fees here are as much as $200 and more. :( Back in the Philippines, it would only cost $30-$40. I wanted to wait that I can go back to the Philippines to visit my mother, but having tooth ache made me unproductive in many ways and that is why I was finally convinced.
.
After few inquiries, somebody lead us where to go for cheaper dental service. We went to Health Center in Bay City and since we only came there as a walk-in patient, service was not prioritized on us. That was understood, of course, but a lot of us knows that men hate waiting on the line. But my husband had no choice.
.
Since it is the molar that has been bothering me, they need to do some x-rays. There they found out that one molar has to be pulled out because another molar is taking its place, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I am scheduled for that on next week, while at the same time they give me Penicilin for infection and told to continue on taking the Ibuprofen for pain relief.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Hope they take real good care of you.

addyforest said...

Hope everything is fine..Thanks for the tag grace. Will post it soon! Take care and god Bless.

Heather said...

yes, i too hope that they take care of you and you finally get some much needed relief!

Lulu said...

i know how you feel about the dental bill! I had my porcelain crown done last year and the price was "shocking"

take care!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Good luck Grace. Hopefully you will get it done soon. Once it's out, you'll feel as good as new!

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's always the fees that are scary! But think of what could happen if you neglect the infection. Not only will you be more unproductive, but surely, it's going to be more expensive for you. Take good care of your teeth, Grace! You wouldn't want to be toothless at a young age. Jonathon @ SimmondsDentalCenter.com