Friday, April 3, 2009

Josephine "The Dreamer"

I like my name, "Grace"; I was told that it was my Aunt Socorro who suggested it. But if I have to change it, I think it should be "Josephine". Did I hear somebody say, "why?". Well, it is because I am born a dreamer just like Joseph in the Old Testament, he was born a dreamer, too. I am the female version of "Joseph the Dreamer".
.
I started to dream a lot of different strange things when I was 8 years old, and I knew then that it has something to do with my future. I carefully store them on my heart and was curious on what would that mean. Some of them I understood what it meant, while some of them remains a mystery to me. Some of those dreams kept repeated for years until some of them had really served what it meant. In fact, I was only 10 years old when I received the vision that I will live in a strange land.
.
There are times that my dreams served as a messenger. A lot of times that I dreamt of a certain person that I don't see for quite a while and I knew then that on the following day, she'll come by to visit me. It happened a lot. Or dreams that I was in a place or scenario that I have never been to or never knew that it exist somewhere else and on the following day or two, I was just thrilled that I was in a place or scenario exactly what I had dreamt.
.
Most of the time, I woke up not remembering what was my dream. There are still a lot of dreams that remains mysteries to me. Some of them I wished will not come true. But of course, that dreams are only a vision. Some of them very clear, while some not. Not everybody is born a dreamer. To some it means the opposite, while to some it means nothing at all. However, it is God who had the final authority. To Him be the glory!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Nice post, I love your name.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Interesting post Grace. I love your name and it fits you well. You are a woman full of grace! Josephine does make a lot of sense, but remember, God gave you you're name. ;)