Thursday, May 14, 2009

How High Is Your Heel?

I don't want to walk on more than two inches high heels. It will give me muscle pain, not only on my limbs, but also on my hips as well. (Sign of aging? he-he-he) I am more comfortable walking on flat shoes, tennis shoes or doll shoes. But on Sundays and on special occasions, I wear "an inch and a half heel" Sunday shoes.
.
Walking on slim stilletos are a murder on our knees. I have tried that before and I promised not to do it anymore. But actually, that is not the only reason. In fact, high, wide-heeled pumps may give you even more serious knee problem. The problem, it seems, isn't the stability of the platform but the height of the heel. Any woman who regularly wears heels higher than 2 inches is twice as likely to develop Osteoarthritis. Heels shifts our body weight away from our ankles and onto our hips and the inner part of the knee joints, and arthritis of the knee is often the result.
.
How high is your heel?

1 comment:

Denise said...

I never wear heels, only flats.