Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Star


"Each of us is a star.
Sometime we shine with the rest.
Sometimes we twinkle alone.
Sometimes when we least know it,
...we make someone’s wish come true."
.
“To be a star,
you must shine your own light,
follow your own path,
and don't worry about the darkness,
for that is when the stars shine brightest”
.
"Watching a peaceful death of a human being reminds us of a falling star; one of a million lights in a vast sky that flares up for a brief moment only to disappear into the endless night forever."

6 comments:

Denise said...

Very beautiful.

sexy legs and body said...

Touching, I wish that when I die, it will be peaceful... but sadly one cannot choose. But they say one dies the way one lives... not very reasuring for me... :-)

dede said...

Great post!
I glad to be here again, I wish if i can visit everyday,...

Have a good day Grace!

katherine said...

I love it Grace...very nice poem. and i also love to watch the stars above..

josie said...

yes beautiful and touching

Unknown said...

grace, this has to be one of your loveliest posts. i enjoyed it very much and felt that it spoke to me tons. ive been thinking about a dear friend of mine who died a couple years ago and whom i still miss. i think of how she died and i am reminded of the last lines of this poem... called "the old astronomer to his pupil:"

"...though my soul shall set in darkness, i shall rise in perfect light...for i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

thanks for stopping in so often and saying hi! xox... annie