Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cherries! Cherries!

When I woke up this morning and went downstairs to take care of our breakfast, these two buckets of cherries greeted me. Wow! What a good way to start my day! I love cherries!
.
A growing body of science reveals tart cherries, enjoyed as either dried, frozen cherries or cherry juice, have among the highest levels of disease-fighting antioxidants, when compared to other fruits. They also contain other important nutrients such as beta carotene (19 times more than blueberries or strawberries) vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron, fiber and folate.
.
Emerging evidence links cherries to many important health benefits – from helping to ease the pain of arthritis and gout, to reducing risk factors for heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers. Cherries also contain melatonin, which has been found to help regulate the body’s natural sleep patterns, aid with jet lag, prevent memory loss and delay the aging process.
.
How I wish I can share these cherries to all of you.

5 comments:

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

I saw cherries at the market yesterday and should have picked them up. Will have to go get some. I love them but forget how good they are for us too!

Denise said...

Cherries are yummy.

Unknown said...

we love cherries, last week it was 1.57 a lb, hubby bought a lot! yummy and healthy! hope you have a wonderful day!

Tess (life is beautiful)

Dhemz said...

wow sis...I love cherries as well...we have cherry tree on our backyard...the lighter kind...pero naubos ng mga squirrel....kaya store bought nalang nakakain namin...hehee...swerte mo naman dami cherries...:)

Clarissa said...

I love cherries,too!!Ang dami ng cherries nyo!!\(^0^)/How I wish you can share them here!!^_^