Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thypoon "Ondoy"

I am so sad with this tragedy that happened recently in my beloved country, Philippines. On September 26, 2009, Typhoon Ondoy brought a month's worth of rainfall to Metro Manila and nearby areas in just a few hours, causing severe flooding which resulted in the loss of many lives and the displacement of hundreds of thousands of people.
.
Typhoon Ondoy is what The Filipinos called for Ketsana Storm. It attacked The Philippines last week. The scientists predict it will attack Malaysia and Hainan, China, next month. How true can this be?
.
I am thankful to know that the whole world (government and non-government organization) is joining hands in helping the victims. This reminds me when I was still in the Philippines that my best friend and I volunteered ourselves in packing goods and clothes to be distributed to the victims. I appeal to please pray for the victims and may God bless the volunteers, too.

3 comments:

Tikno said...

I felt so sad to what happened in your country. It remembering me about Tsunami storm in Aceh. Hopefully the situation will recover soon.

Denise said...

Very heartbreaking.

jeremae said...

such a sad incident.. =( and now, another typhoon is striking the country..