I am joining Mommy Willa on this "Food Trip Friday" meme for a reason that I want to challenge myself to try something new food at least once a week in order for me to learn to cook.
Twenty years ago, when my sister had their first oven, I learned (through my sister) how to make a Chiffon Cake. I remember that I only had the chance to do it for three times only because I became busy. That was it, twenty years ago.
Few days before my birthday I had decided to make my own birthday cake. I wanted to try to make the Chiffon Cake again. I bought everything that I need and I am so happy that it work out very good. I am glad that everybody in the house like it.
2 1/4 cups cake flour, sifted
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
5 large egg yolks, beaten
3/4 cup orange juice
1 cup egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
For the cake:
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Sift the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the oil, egg yolks, 3/4 cup orange juice, and 2 tablespoons of the zest.
4. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
5. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar using a mixer set on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until just combined. Pour the batter into a 10-inch tube pan and bake for 55 minutes.
7. Increase oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean -- 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Invert pan over a funnel and cool completely. Unmold cake by running a knife around the pan sides.