Monday, November 16, 2009

Church Seeking #2 - East Coast Christian Center

I know that I said that my husband and I agreed that we will visit different church in at least 4 weeks, but when we were in the first church that we visited which was the "Lighthouse Christian Church", my husband fell in love with the church right away. All Sundays that came after that, he kept saying that "We'll go to Lighthouse again this time, we will resume our church seeking on next Sunday." It happened for two Sundays and I am glad that finally, yesterday, I had persuaded him to try another church.

We visited East Coast Christian Center located in Courtenay Parkway, Merritt Island. It is only 8 minutes away from our house. The worship place obiously was a movie house. There were hundreds of worshippers, but no one worries about parking slot because there are several people who volunteered to take care of the traffic and parking assistance. Their service sessions are; 9 a.m., 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.

The worship team and their choice of songs was great. My husband liked it. It is what called Christian Rock music. The sermon that was delivered by Pastor Dan Stallbaum was rich and beautiful. He is a gifted preacher and has a good way of delivering it. I was blessed by his sermon and was really carefully following him... when, all of a sudden it was over. Yeah, I didn't know at first that the entire service (worship and sermon) last only for an hour.

They have something "good" for their first time visitor every Sunday. (Maybe it varies every Sundays.) What they gave to us was a couple of coffee mug with the name of their church printed on it, a coupon for free coffee on their coffee shop which only opens on every Sunday and a worship song album with 3 dvd in it.

Well, that was a wonderful experience we had in worshipping with them. I just wish that the service was longer, especially for the sermon, because after all, we come together every Sunday in the house of the Lord to listen to His message.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Praying for you to find a church home.