Monday, November 2, 2009

Why Pray & Fast?

I had my prayer and fasting last Saturday. I felt so refresh right after the four hours prayer and fasting. It has been a while since I last did this and I am hoping that I will be doing this regularly now that we have one spare room.
.
Prayer and fasting is very important in us as a Christian because it strengthen and refresh our spiritual life. It is a time that we spend for God, worshipping Him through our songs, reading/seeking His will, praying/presenting our heart's petition, and listening to His voice which is easier after singing, reading, prayer and fasting.
.
Prayer and fasting is also giving thanks to all that God has done in my life, both good and bad, knowing that they are all for my best interest. Prayer and fasting is not only for myself, but it is also praying for the country (USA and Philippines), the government, the people with the authority, my states (Florida). It is also praying for the local church and local authorities. It is also praying for families, especially your spouse; praying for your friends and neighborhood.
.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6 NIV)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Yes, it is very important.