Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Trip To Cancun

This is a guest post by Krista Elix
.
I never thought I would ever visit anywhere outside the United States. But the company my wife works for set up a trip for all the managers and their spouses to go to Cancun, Mexico. I was excited and scared at the same time. Sure, I’ve heard of Cancun and all the fun things to do there, but being a visitor in another country kind of worried me.
.
I checked out the hotel we would be staying at online, and it was gorgeous. It has sandy white beaches and plenty of entertainment to keep us busy. It was also an all inclusive hotel, which meant that food and drinks were free. I had never been to an all inclusive hotel before, so I was fired up about going.
.
The day of our Mexican getaway had finally arrived. We had packed the night before, so all we had to do was shower and load the car with our luggage. I set our ADT in Houston for the house and we were off to Cancun.
.
When we got there I immediately realized that I had too much clothing on. It was 29 degrees when we left home, but it had to be 90 degrees in Mexico. I sweated through the bus ride to our hotel and could not believe my eyes when we arrived there. It was even more beautiful than the pictures on the internet showed it to be.
.
We got our wristbands that we had to wear to get the free food and drinks, unpacked and headed for the bar closest to the water. We ordered drinks and sat there in the glorious water and just soaked in the atmosphere. We’d swim a little and get another drink. I forgot all about being in another country and just had fun.

1 comment:

reyapot said...

wow nice place.love the beach!
visiting u here!