Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Remembering My Philippine Visit

I was checking my camera's second memory card a while ago to see if there are duplicate pictures that I can delete so as to save space on my MC. I saw these pictures. I can't help but be still for a while as I look through each one of them again. It was one of my happiest and the most important trip in my life and I had a blast. I realized that I haven't shared here on my blog the pictures that was taken during my visit there; and here are the summary of them.
...
My trip was Orlando-Atlanta-Korea-Manila. It took me 27 hours to get to the Philippines. I could have gotten a ticket direct to Cebu, but I declined it because I wanted to stop by Manila to shop at Duty Free Fiesta Mall. I needed to buy more chocolates because I did not bring with me enough to give away because of its weight.
.
I took another plane going to Cebu the following day, and there were my family, meeting me excitingly with a banner on their hands. It was so heart-warming. It took away all the stress and pain that the travel generate in me. I spent 4 hours in Cebu, in my sister's house. They served me my favorite lunch and I was so satisfied. After lunch, I gave them all the gifts that I prepared for them. Everybody were so happy.
.
On the night of the same day, I was aboard a ship that took me to Surigao City, where my mother and the rest of my family were waiting for me. I miss being on the boat. Although it don't look comfortable at all, but doing the things that I usually do before gave me comfort and satisfaction. In the picture shown, I was talking to my husband through cellphone on that very minute.
...
I was so happy to be back in Surigao. I was re-united with my best friend, Ann. I was re-united with my sister, my nieces and nephews. But above all, I was re-united with my Mama, the one who was patiently and anxiously waiting for me for two years. In fact, she cried the very moment that she saw me disembarking from the motorcycle. She then told me "I thought we will never see each other again." It brought tears on my eyes, too, but I was trying to hold them. My mama was so happy that we were together again.
.
We set a day for everybody to come to my sister's house, to just celebrate being together. We had "lechon" roasted pig, which was part of my plan to do when I get there because I miss that food so much. It was a joyful moment of enjoying every food that was on our table, prepared by my sisters and brothers.
...
Part of the plans, too, was to stay in Fiesta Resort in Surigao City to just unwind, play, eat and enjoy every moment that we were together. The place was good and safe for all of us, especially the kids. Foods, as always, is the best part of a successful reunion. It is always the best way to draw each other closer.
.
It was so awesome seeing my mama, my sister Melinda, my niece Ramelyn, (Melinda's daughter) and baby Gab (Ramelyn's daughter) being together in the same place at the same time. They are the four generation in our family. My mama is just so blessed to be able to see her great-grand daughter.

...
Being in that resort was our alternative in escaping the humidity in the city. Being in that resort gave us a good uninterrupted sleep. It was like having a big slumber party. It was just a wonderful moment to all of us. It was also a great bonding time for all my nieces and nephews, to know each other as they grow old and to keep that bond that they already had started. It is my wish that as we all grow old, our family bond will still be as strong as it is today.
.
Came my departure day. I had mixed emotions. Sad to leave my Philippine family. Happy to be back to America which I already call my "home" and be with my husband again. But the good thing is, I can always come and visit Philippines as our financial status allows and as God permits. My hope is that on my next visit, my husband will be with me then. To my family in the Philippines: I love you all.

1 comment:

pearl said...

Hi Grace! Wow, you sure had a blast! I miss my nanay too. Grace do you have a facebook? I'll add you up.

Namiss ko na rin kumain ng lechon! hehe I'm happy you were able to see your family again.

God bless.