Friday, December 10, 2010

Food Trip Friday #24 - Gambas

I am joining Mommy Willa on this "Food Trip Friday" meme for a reason that I want to challenge myself to try something new food at least once a week in order for me to learn to cook.
.
.
.
.
.
.
When my husband was in the Philippines to visit me, one of the "first time" foods he has tasted was the Gambas, he liked it and became one of his favorite Filipino foods. The "hotter" (spicy hot), the better it is for him. None of us were trying to make Gambas when I get here in USA because we both don't know how to do it, until last Friday, he had decided to research for its recipe, gave it to me, and there you go. I am glad that it turned out great. We both enjoyed our dinner.
.
Ingredients:
Shrimp, ½ kilo, uncooked medium shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
Red Bell Pepper Large, seeded, cleaned and diced
Carrot, medium diced
Garlic, 4 cloves, minced
Onion, ½ cup diced small
Tomato Sauce, 250 grams (one pouch)
3 Small native chili, minced
1/2 cup green peas (optional)
1/4 cup mushrooms
3 – 4 tablespoons of olive oil
.
Cooking Instructions:
Heat olive oil in pan, add garlic till it browns then add onion and sauté, cook for 30 seconds, then add carrots, chili, mushrooms, green peas and bell pepper.
Add tomato sauce, then cook over medium heat for five minutes. Add shrimp and cook for three minutes more, until shrimp turn opaque.
Serving suggestion is on heated iron plate/wooden platter with side of rice.

No comments: