Friday, June 26, 2009

A Boy's Dream


When I grow up, I'd like to be
A big strong rover out at sea
A sailing on the ocean tide
To see the big world far and wide

But then I also wish to fly
A whizzing jetplane in the sky
I'll make a loop and zoom and dash
And come to land without a crash

Oh! how many things I'd like to do
Like building houses big and new
How very happy I would feel
If I could build a bridge of steel

I'll try to do these if I can
When I become a full grown man!



It's amazing that I can still clearly remember all the words on this poem from my 4th grade, English subject. It stays firmly on the back of my mind. I'm sorry, I don't remember who wrote this poem. Anybody who knows this poem? Please leave a comment. Maybe if I was a boy, this would be my dream, too.

8 comments:

Groupe Amnesty International Saint-Dié-des-Vosges said...

hi Grace,
thank you for your message.
Patrick Amnesty International saint dié des vosges
France.

a woman found said...

hi Grace! Thanks for stopping by Timothy moms! I'll have to come back and visit again soon!

Redeeming the time
Sheila

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Grace,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. No, I don't mind if you want to link me to your blog.
I noticed that you were a new blogger.....keep up the good work!

Jennifer said...

Hey, I just came across your blog and enjoyed reading it:) Feel free to visit mine anytime:)

niar said...

nice poem grace..
but I never knew this poem before
I really glad to see every writting you wrote.

Denise said...

Such a nice poem.

Anonymous said...

When i was a little boy my teacher gave me a simple and very nice poem and that is the poem entitled "A Boy's Dream" it is a beautiful poem that even my grandmother knows the poem I mentioned. That's all thank you

Jonnel said...

Great poem,,.