Friday, June 26, 2009

A Boy's Dream


When I grow up, I'd like to be
A big strong rover out at sea
A sailing on the ocean tide
To see the big world far and wide

But then I also wish to fly
A whizzing jetplane in the sky
I'll make a loop and zoom and dash
And come to land without a crash

Oh! how many things I'd like to do
Like building houses big and new
How very happy I would feel
If I could build a bridge of steel

I'll try to do these if I can
When I become a full grown man!



It's amazing that I can still clearly remember all the words on this poem from my 4th grade, English subject. It stays firmly on the back of my mind. I'm sorry, I don't remember who wrote this poem. Anybody who knows this poem? Please leave a comment. Maybe if I was a boy, this would be my dream, too.

8 comments:

Groupe Amnesty International Saint-Dié-des-Vosges said...

hi Grace,
thank you for your message.
Patrick Amnesty International saint dié des vosges
France.

Sheila said...

hi Grace! Thanks for stopping by Timothy moms! I'll have to come back and visit again soon!

Redeeming the time
Sheila

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Grace,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. No, I don't mind if you want to link me to your blog.
I noticed that you were a new blogger.....keep up the good work!

Jennifer said...

Hey, I just came across your blog and enjoyed reading it:) Feel free to visit mine anytime:)

Niar said...

nice poem grace..
but I never knew this poem before
I really glad to see every writting you wrote.

Denise said...

Such a nice poem.

Anonymous said...

When i was a little boy my teacher gave me a simple and very nice poem and that is the poem entitled "A Boy's Dream" it is a beautiful poem that even my grandmother knows the poem I mentioned. That's all thank you

Jonnel said...

Great poem,,.