Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday- Initial Post

It has been a while that I wanted to join this "Thankful Thursday" because I believe this is one form of worshipping our God. And it is one powerful weapon against the attack of our spiritual enemy. I would like to apologize for not asking permission first to join, because truth to tell, I don't know where to ask permission. I was asking few bloggers about this, and I remember one blogger guided me on where to go, but somehow, I lost that information. But anyway, right after publishing this post, I will go ahead and find the one that I need to ask permission in joining this weekly blog activity called "Thankful Thursday".
.
There are a lot of things to be thankful for all the time and you can never ran out of it. As God had commanded us, "...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV In other words, we give thanks to God for both good and bad things and events that has been happening to us.
.
I'm not sure where to start, but since this is my initial post on this subject, I'm thinking, I will pick today to start with. And if we talk about thanksgiving to God, it is endless, so I will just state few.
*I thank God for the good health
*I thank God for my skin problem due to the weather (it is my first winter here)
*I thank God for my tinnitus here (it is because of the weather, too)
*I thank God for the safe drive of my husband
*I thank God for the visits and comments on my blog
*I thank God for the meals
*I thank God for the positive TB skin test. Yup! I wrote it right. I have my TB skin test last Monday for my immigration requirements. Yesterday, the spot was swelling and red, where it was not supposed to be if you are negative. My mom-in-law told me that sometimes, that kind of result is not accurate. So, I had X-ray exam this afternoon. They will just call me for an appointment once the result came up. I believe, they will see some problem with my X-ray result, because it always happened to me, every time I had X-ray exam. I know there was something wrong with my chest because I am scoliotic.They may say mine is not really something contagious, they may say mine is something that I got from somewhere unaware, But still the word alone is something to be cautious. I have been through many physical examination while I was still in the Philippines, namely; several physical examination for employment and the last one (just few weeks before I come here) was the physical examination done in St. Luke Medical official clinic for US VISA requirements. None of them that has told me that I was TB positive. Not even a hint. I am so upset now with the result. Upset; not to the point of anger of why I have this. Upset; because I don't understand how it happened and led me to ask; "Were all my previous physical examination gave wrong results?"
.
But as God had commanded, "... give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV If however, the recent result is true, God has a purpose. I may don't know why, but it is sure for my own good. It may be this is being revealed here because I can get a free medication here. That's great! Isn't that worth to thank for?

7 comments:

Mr. Puggle® said...

sorry to hear about the TB. hang in there! Mr. Puggle

Anonymous said...

It is the only approach to feel God's grace. Thank you for expressing God's goodness through His eternal Word.

Michael.

Denise said...

Praying for you my friend. Welcome to thankful thursday, glad you joined us.

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing that you are able to see the rainbow during your time of duress.
(((Hugs)))

The Muse said...

I am certainly glad that your test results were good!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to thankful thursday and hope to see you again with all the thankful souls there :)

Patricia Singleton said...

Sometimes you will get a positive to a TB test not because you have TB but because you have been exposed to TB. My mother had that happen to her years ago. One thing you do need to know is that you must never have another TB test done. My mother was told that because she had been exposed to the TB, the test could then give her TB. Just tell them that you tested positive. If you don't have it yourself, the x-rays will show that. My mom's x-rays said that she didn't have it herself.

My neice had to go through a series of medicine a few years ago because even though she didn't have TB, she was a carrier of it. It was in her body and even though it was dormant to her, she could pass it on to others. With the medication, she is no longer a carrier.

Like you, I see gratitude as a worshipping of God. Gratitude can put us in touch with our own divine essence. Great post.