Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Money or Life?

Six armed gunmen broke into deposit boxes in a London bank and stole valuable worth more than $7 million. One woman whose jewelry was appraised at $500,000, wailed. "Everything I had was in there. My whole life was in that box."

Some people have taken foolish risks to cling to their riches. They have died rushing into burning houses or were killed because they stubbornly resisted armed robbers. Obviously, they felt that without their material possessions life would not be worthwhile. Others, when they lose their wealth, slip into despair, even to the point of suicide.

The greatest danger in becoming too closely identified with our possessions lies in the spiritual area of life. An unhealthy attachment to material things can keep us from needing God. Keep a wide barrier between yourself and your possessions to spare you from many hearthaches. Don't make the mistake of giving much importance on your possessions. It will cost you your soul.

"...it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19:23 NKJV

6 comments:

Denise said...

Life is more precious than any amount of money.

T T Tan said...

My personal opinion is that health is the greatest wealth.

Anonymous said...

With life, I can make money.
What good is money if you don't have life anymore?

Omah's Helping Hands said...

So so true Grace. Very good post. People need to remember we can't take the stuff with us when we go, so why hoard it. Put it to good use helping out others. These million and billionaires, what are they going to do with all that stuff? Okay, I'll calm down now. ;) Hee hee

Debbie said...

I would risk everything to save one of my family members. Everything else can go.

Kim, USA said...

Hahaha I don't think I'll put my life to a box full of jewelries they are just material things. Life is priceless.