Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Solitaire

Today is the 26th death anniversary of my father. I was only 10 years old when he left us. Enlargement of the heart and all that was inside of his body has caused him in comma for two days and then he passed away. I was tempted to think, maybe if he had happened to be confined on one of the greatest hospital in the world, maybe they could save his life.
.
All those who knew my father knew that my father loved me verrrryyyy much. At my age then, I already knew and felt it. I loved my father, too. He was my first teacher long before I went to school. He was my teacher, not only academically talking; he taught me magic tricks, playing cards, mahjong, chess, checkered and he also enjoyed to introduced to me the newest gadgets on that time and taught me how to operate it. He built self-confidence in me.
.
Talking about playing cards, playing solitaire was one of the favorite past time of my father, and is to my mother. Funny thing is, it is my favorite way to relax, too. I love playing that at least 20 minutes before I go to bed. I enjoy the moment that my mind is free of anything else, and just thinking of my little play. And.... (hush), there is something I want to confess; while playing solitaire, every card that shows I gave revelation relating to my life. :) Of course, it is just a play. I don't take it seriously, right after the play, it is fully forgotten then.

13 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you sweet one, so sorry for the loss of your dear father. He loves you so very much, and he is watching over you.

Unknown said...

Hi I'm Nancy, thanks for visiting my blog, I will stop by again. Some memories are bittersweet aren't they?? Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

I like to play solitaire too but I usually play on the computer now.

You can join watery wednesday by going to this link:

Watery Wednesday.

You don't have to ask permission, just join in. Post a water shot on your blog and then go the the link above and enter your name and link to your post. Make you you put a link to the Watery Wednesday blog so others can find their way over if they want to join. Hope to see you there. I'm glad you like the meme. :-)

Kristina P. said...

Your dad sounded like an amazing man! I'm sorry you didn't have more time with him.

Mokihana said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your father; even though it was many years ago the pain is still there. I know. I lost my dad very tragically in 1970 and I still feel sadness.

I pray you will feel God's comfort today and in the days to come.

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry to hear that grace, hope god bless you and all of your family :)

wow, i'm always curious with magic tricks of playing card, until now i still playing solitaire even only in PC games :D

have a nice day grace ;)

escape said...

i remember playing that when i was in high school. sometimes it can really lead to obsession.

Mummy McTavish said...

It's sad that you lost your father so young but it is great that you have such good memories of him. I love to play solitaire too, and I like using real cards not the computer game.

Thanks for visiting our blog!

Unknown said...

what a sweet connection to your dad to have with solitaire... he sounds like a sweet man, too. your memories sound like happy ones... xox... anni e

Kim, USA said...

I like solitaire too sometimes no matter what I do I really end up losing. Sorry to hear about your father, I lose my father 19 years ago too.

Heather said...

sweet post. sounds like he was a wonderful man. i'm sorry you didn't have more years with him.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the loss of your father sis....wow! mahilig ka pala sa cards...hmm...solitaire pa..did you wish before you play? hehhehe!..thanks for the visit!

Hailey's Beats and Bits said...

i lost my father too when i was 19 and our youngest brother was 8. it was not an easy life, right?