Saturday, May 30, 2009

Magazines For Nurses

My sister-in-law had just graduated her Bachelor of Nurse in Michigan University and she is now working in a hospital. I never realized that being a nurse was not easy as I thought, until my husband happened to be confined in a hospital few weeks ago. There I had witnessed what are the responsibilities and job of a nurse and how well they treat the patient. It made me became interested to take up nursing course, too.

ScrubsMag.com is a site about the nurse’s guide to good living. Unlike some other sites, Scrubs is about almost everything that matters to the life of the nursing career (both nursing students, new nurses or seasoned nurses) from lifestyle, inspiration, uplifting words, positive attitude, news & entertainment.

Nurses have their own favorite tunes and artists, too. I had noticed that most kind of songs that nurses recommends are of the classic artist, especially 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. But there was one particular story in Scrubs that has touched my soft heart. It was about “Praying With A Patient” . The writer, a recent nursing graduate, shared her experience with a very ill patient who wanted to pray with her (the nurse). What should she have done? As a new nurse, she knew she wanted to give her patients what they need without hesitation. So, yes, she prayed for her very ill patient.

Although I am not a nurse, I enjoyed reading the articles on this site. I believe you will like this site, too.

Post?slot_id=

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing.

RennyBA said...

Congrats to your SIL - all the way from Norway :-)