Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Learn From The Consequence

There was one time in my life that I did something seriously bad choice in my life, as in it was a SIN. It was something that I could have avoided but my wicked thoughts had misled me that it would not give me serious problem in the future. To make the story short, as expected (although I was still surprised) an enemy's plot had spread it among few of those who knew me. It was like my world was spinning. I took it as a wake-up call from God. Although I know that God could save me from that shameful experience, but God in His loving-kindness being, wanted to change me... and it has to be in a rough way, if needed.
.
I run to God at once... cried and repented. I thanked God for the fire that refined me, because after all, it will for my own good. He was molding me to be more like him day by day. I spent a day of prayer and fasting, asking God to stop it from spreading around. "Let me not be put to shame, O LORD, for I have cried out to you;" Psalm 31:17a NIV And since then, I learned my lesson and was strengthen against the snare of sin. I am convinced that every wrong decision we made has a consequence. Sure enough, God will forgive us if we confess our sins to Him. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1John 1:9 NIV But still we can't avoid the consequence. However, we can pray to either shorten it or lighten it... by confession, repenting and declaring that you have learned something from it. I believe that consequences are set to enable us to learn something from it. That is why I used to tell my friends that are in problem to learn from their circumtances, or else they will have to go through it all over again. We don't want the pain... and in the other way, it is wasting time, too.

1 comment:

Denise said...

God bless you dear one.