Monday, June 15, 2009

Staying Awake For 29 Hours

We left from Lapeer, Michigan at around 8 p.m., and by the time we get to Detroit, it was already very late at night. I enjoyed very much the sight down in Detroit.
.
It was around 2 a.m. when we saw the awesome sights down in Cleveland, Ohio. My husband keep telling me to get some sleep because it was going to be a long trip, and I said, "I don't want to sleep because I don't want to miss a thing."
.
There was not much to see while we were driving down to Kentucky, but I was still up. We took few stops for stretching and switched turn in driving.
.
On our way down to Tennessee was very foggy. Although there were nothing to miss to see because of the fog, I still didn't took some sleep, because I sat beside the driver seat, and I was avoiding the possibility that the driver will be sleepy if I was sleeping, which is very dangerous because of the thick fog. So, I had decided to stay awake for the sake of the driver.
.
It took us 29 hours driving from Michigan to Florida. There were three of us in the car; my husband, his cousin and I. They switched turn every 5 hours in driving while the other were sleeping (lying down at the back seat), and all the time, I was there beside the driver's seat, have to stay wide awake to support them. However, I enjoyed the whole trip very much and I thanked God for our safety and fun.

7 comments:

friendz said...

hey u must take a whole day off..for 29 hours not sleep!!!..do check my new blog theme

ME said...

wow... 29 hours sis.. bakit parang ang tagal... naman...

Denise said...

Praise God for keeping you safe my friend.

escape said...

wow! as much as the trip is dangerous, foggy roads are my favorite. i just enjoy the blurry sights.

nice to know that you crossed it safely

pet said...

tita matulog ka agad para makabawi ng tulog kase mahirap ang di ka nakatulog ng 29 hrs..buti naman at nakarating kayo ng ayos dyan...

Clarissa said...

Glad to hear that inspite of a long hours of driving and staying awake,you have enjoyed the trip which is good.and just like dongG, I also love foggy sights!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Wow! Awake for 29 hours!!! I get in a car and I fall asleep rather quickly. I try to stay awake but noting doing, and then I miss all the sites. So glad you are enjoying your vacation.