I am joining Mommy Willa on this "Food Trip Friday" meme for a reason that I want to challenge myself to try something new food at least once a week in order for me to learn to cook.
We were trying the pressure cooker and this is what we had come up for our dinner the other day. This is so good. Once it gets to your mouth it just melt down like smooth butter. :)
Smokey Baby Back Ribs
2 racks baby back ribs
4 tbsps. granulated garlic powder
2 tbsps. onion powder
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. coriander
2 cups smokey barbeque sauce
1 small onion, diced
1. In a small bowl thoroughly blend together the dry ingredients.
2. Cut the racks in half so that they can easily fit in the pressure cooker. Season them evenly with the seasoning blend.
3. Place 1/3 cup of water in the pressure cooker,then add the ribs, side by side. Add the diced onion, and evenly pour the barbeque sauce over the ribs. Place the lid on the cooker, lock lid and close the rapid release button. (Set the pressure adjust mode to 80. Set the cook time to 25 minutes.)
4. After 25 minutes, the timer will reach 0 and the cooker will automatically switch to the warm mode or the red light will go to green. Place the pressure valve from closed position to rapid release. When the steam is completely released, remove the lid.
(Optional: Have your broiler preheated to high. Place the ribs in a single layer on a tinfoil lined baking sheet and broil the ribs on each side until browned well, about 5 minutes per side.)
5. Brush the ribs with the barbeque sauce from the pot, top with chop green onions and serve.