Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Raggedy Ann & Andy

Do I have to introduce to you these little guys? I believe you all know who they are. Yes, they are the classic and ever popular Raggedy Ann & Andy. They are two of my first new housemates here in Florida, because my doll and stuffed animal collection that I had in Michigan was left there, and sad to say, they will have to stay there until Dad and Mom will come down here on next year.
.
They originally belong to my late-friend in Ohio, Beth. (Oh, I miss her.) Her husband was moving to Indiana and was giving away all her stuff to Goodwill. Coincidentally, I was there few days before he have to move out, and he told me that I can have anything I want from my friend's stuff. Two of the bagful of stuff that I got are these cutie pie little fella, Raggedy Ann & Andy. Beth's husband, Scott, told me that these rag dolls are original. He showed me the embroidery on each of their chest as a symbol of originality. They even told me that these would cost good money if you sell them. Of course, I am not interested to sell them.
.
The moment I held them, I fell in love with them right away. I feel like they were sad that their original owner who loved them so dearly left them, and that they will be in a stranger's home soon. Almost, but not anymore. I brought them home with me. I am sure that my dear friend is happy that I have them instead of somebody else can have them, and they are happy as well, because their original owner and I were dear friends. And I believe that they feel loved and home right here with me.

No comments: