Monday, February 8, 2010

Endeavor's Launching

It was 4 o'clock in the morning, my husband woke me up, a shuttle launching was scheduled in a few minutes. I got up hurrily, put on another pajamas, socks, sweater, gloves and bonnet. I grab our binoculars, and we rushed outside where Aunt Katy, Aunt Sallie and our neighborhood were gathered together to watch the lauching of Endeavor.
.
We did not have to wait too long, and there we saw what it looks like a ball of fire. The sight was just so awesome. Better than daytime. I cannot recall how many times I witnessed a shuttle launching, but this was by far the best of all.
.
The Endeavor's (STS-130) mission will be to deliver a third connecting module - the Tranquility node - to the International Space Station and a seven-windowed cupola to be used as a control room for robotics. The STS-130 crew is using Endeavour’s robotic arm, orbiter boom extension and specialized cameras to capture detailed video of the spacecraft’s heat shield. The inspection gives experts on the ground 3-D views of the shuttle’s heat shield to ensure no damage occurred during liftoff.
.
God bless the Endeavor's mission and its crews. May they all come home safe and successful.

7 comments:

Icy BC said...

Beautiful picture, Grace. It must be amazing to see it in person.

ME said...

wow...amazing picture sis...good morning..

Denise said...

Such a beautiful picture.

""rarejonRez"" said...

that must have been a very awesome sight! u'r lucky to have had a glimpse of it!

Cheryl said...

Wow, what a sight to behold. I would love to see such a sight. Great photo.

Hibryd News said...

Amazing..!! If I were there, I will not lose that moment. But I'm happy because you saw it directly. It is a rare opportunity.

Debbie said...

Absolutely! Lovely post.