Monday, February 1, 2010

International Friendship Month

February is the "International Friendship Month". Though this was more about diplomacy among countries, but I want to view this in another perspective. Internet users from around the globe became friends through blogging. Isn't it awesome? Personally, I started blogging three months after I moved here in USA. What I thought was only a personal journal has turned into worldwide open book of my life. I earned a lot of good friends and sisters in Christ from different countries that I could probably have not met in other way. And I could say, blogging keeps me company here in my new and cozy world. It is fun to see visitors on my blog with different language other than English and Filipino. But whatever they are saying, I believe, it is the common language of friendship. I feel like I traveled around the world.
.
"Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel." Proverbs 27:9 NIV

2 comments:

Denise said...

Friends are sweet gifts.

KayaMoPinoy said...

oh, i'm not aware of this. too bad i was not able to blog about it... maybe next year.

hope you're doing fine in the USA.

your new friend (i hope),
eric