Friday, July 30, 2010

Shuffleboard

During the entire spring, my husband and his friends were all meeting up every friday afternoon to play Shuffleboard at one spot in the complex where we live. It was Brian, who was in charge of this game. He once has convinced me to play with them. I did, and I had fun. Everybody told me that my husband was the best in the game. Hmm, that made me even prouder of him.
.
Shuffleboard, more precisely deck shuffleboard, and also known as shuffle-board, shovelboard, shovel-board and shove-board is a sport in which players use broom-shaped paddles to push weighted pucks, sending them gliding down a narrow and elongated court, with the purpose of having them come to rest within a marked scoring area. As a more generic term, it refers to the family of shuffleboard-variant games as a whole.
.
As it annualy happened, by the start of the summer season, the "snowbirds" went up north, and one of them was Brian and his lovely wife. He left the charge of the game to my husband, but very shortly after that, players became fewer and fewer until my husband announced to cancel it until further notice. It is just unbearably too hot to play.

No comments: