Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Zoo Lessons

Guest written by our friend Donnie Donovan
.
It's a good lesson to teach your children about animals. Most of the time, however, the lessons are confined to teaching them about the ones on their dinner plates. In particular, delicious animals like chickens, cows, and pigs. While supermarkets and food providers do everything they can to remove the face from the meat in a false sense of humaneness, I want my children to know exactly where the meat comes from, and the sacrifice the animals undergo so that we can feast on their delectable flesh. Nonetheless, sometimes my children ask me if there are flavors beyond the ones we find in the meat aisle of the grocery store. This is when I take them to the local zoo.
.
At the zoo I can show them all kinds of new meat, and speculate on their varying degrees of tastiness. My daughter, for instance, thinks that zebras taste like pork, and my son speculates that they taste more like candy canes. This is because of the stripes. I pat their heads like a proud father, knowing that waiting for them at home is a slab of zebra steak I had delivered from a company in Africa that specializes in this sort of thing. When we get home that night, both of my children will find out just how close they came to the real taste of zebra . And we will arrive at a home untouched by criminals, as I always remember to set my home security alarm ordered from www.HOMEALARMEXPERT.com before I go to the zoo.

No comments: