Tuesday, July 1, 2014

He Will Carry You by SCOTT WESLEY BROWN



This song just pop up on my mind out of nowhere a couple of days ago. I don't remember anymore when was the last time I heard this song played somewhere, not even on my head. I love this song, "He Will Carry You" by Scott Wesley Brown. Although he is not Filipino, but I believe that every Filipino on my generation (at least) knows this song, either from school or from the local church that they attended. I know this song from both during my elementary years.

Its lyric touched me personally probably because of the mountain that we are facing right now. Well, I know we always have mountains in our daily walk. It is part of our lives. Sometimes the mountain is so short that it doesn't bother us at all... sometimes the mountain is so tall that it caught us in fear that we might not be able to climb it... sometimes the mountain is followed right away with another mountain and followed right away with another mountain and so on, and that's depressing. 

The song says, He (God) will carry YOU (us). Of course, I know it... but why is it I seem to carry my cares of this world on my shoulder rather than having God carry it for me, when in the first place that is what God wants us to do anyway? What do I get from carrying my cares on myself? Nothing. It has only exhausted me, and then leads to unproductive living. I think it is just out of my old habit that I did that. Now, I will need to break that bad habit and start walking lightly. 

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 NIV

No comments: