Sunday, June 29, 2014

WRITING (Blogging), My First Love

A blessed Sunday to all!

I am so thankful that I got this day off from work, and thus I was able to join the church fellowship this morning. We move to a new building two Sundays ago, but since I was working on those both previous Sundays, officially, for me today is my first Sunday service on our new church building. I love it. We are so thankful to God for this huge blessing. And on next Sunday, will be our first year anniversary of the Redemption Bible Fellowship. God has been so wonderful to us from the very day that this congregation was born, that we started our fellowship at the park, then we had our little place for almost a year, and now, a bigger place. Glory to God!

Our preacher was talking about how we can reach out to the people, and the many forms and ways of doing it. It then reminded me how I had abandoned my blogging, which I consider as working for God, too. I used to blog almost everyday, telling my readers how my day was going and what it had to do with our spiritual walk with God. I was glorifying God's name in my own little way. And today, back in the fellowship earlier, I said to myself, "I can still do that". So, here I am. :-)

Writing (Blogging) was my first love, and still is, in terms of vocation. I remember how excited I get every morning to get on my desktop and start sharing to the world what was on my mind. It was even more exciting when somebody left comments on my post. I can still remember the thrill of knowing that somebody from the other part of the world was reading my post that I wrote right in the bedroom of our house in the small town of Kingston, Michigan.

Few months before I moved here in the USA, God revealed to me that I will be writing here. Although I didn't understand how because I never had any writing training or anything like that, but I know I would love it. I came here, three months after, a cyber friend introduced me to the world of blogging. I even made a lot of money out of it, but that was only the "icing of the cake", telling about God's amazing grace was the cake.

If I have to describe how my mind is running on normal days, I would say it is like a busy traffic on a highway. Ideas. Plans. Memories. Tasks. Revelations. They are all running on the pavement of my head at the same time, and if I am not quick enough to write them down on my memo pad, chances are, I will not be able to remember them again.

I know I have done this a lot of times, and I will do this again... I hope to be blogging more often from this day on. Working full-time at WalMart and doing house chores are two very overwhelming tasks for me, plus hobbies, family time and friendship time... I already find myself doubting now, but with the mission in mind, and of God's help, I believe I can accomplish this. 

"Be very careful, then, how you live-- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity..." Ephesians 5:15-16 NIV

No comments: