Monday, June 29, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

Mary treated Charleen and I to movie house yesterday afternoon. We went to Merritt Square to watch "My Sister's Keeper". I am so glad Mary treated us on this movie, because truth to the matter was, I had wanted to watch this but obviously, this is not the kind of movie my husband want to watch. And so when Mary told me that we will be watching it, I was so happy. She told us that we will going to have some crying... something that women shares with. The irony was that we paid to watch the movie and it made us cry. (he-he-he) And yes, everybody in the theatre was crying. Anyway, here is the short review about the movie:
.
Sara (Cameron Diaz) and Brian Fitzgerald (Jason Patric) have just been informed that their young daughter Kate (Sofia Vassilieva) has leukemia, and that she only has a few years to live. The doctor suggests to the parents that they try an unorthodox medical procedure of producing another child in a test-tube that would be a perfect match as a donor for Kate. Sara will try anything to save Kate, and they have a new baby Anna (Abigail Breslin) to be used as a donor for Kate. The first thing they use is blood from the umbilical cord for Kate. As Anna turned three years old, the doctors must take bone marrow from Anna to give to Kate. At age 11, the next thing Anna must give to her sister is a kidney. Anna has had enough of all of these medical procedures, and she decides to sue her parents for medical emancipation and the right to decide how her body will be used. The whole family is being torn apart by Anna's decision because everyone knows what will happen to Kate if she doesn't get a new kidney.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

That is one of my favorite books. I heard they changed the ending for the movie. Pity.

Denise said...

Sounds like a good movie.

iAmAnnaMarie said...

Definitely going to see this movie,grace...I love Cameron diaz...