Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Heart Is Beyond Cure

Twelve days ago, my husband and I went to a photo studio to have some shots for our wedding anniversary portrait. I say, it was twelve days ago. The studio operator told us to expect a call last Wednesday. Wednesday came, and since we were on the way from a doctor visit, we had decided to go and check if it was ready for pick up. The studio operator says that maybe our pictures will be ready to pick up "tomorrow", and to wait for their call before we come to their studio. It was three "tomorrow's" ago and no calls happened.
.
Things like this can easily pissed me off. (I think this is my weakness.) I hate lousy services, especially if we had paid a pretty good price for it and expect them to return an excellent service, too.
.
I know that there is a delicate, complex relationship between our body, soul and spirit. Our body is made in a way that a disruption in our mind can alter our mood and brought negative effect on our body, just as anger, fear, or a loss of hope can affect the chemistry of our body.
.
Being a child of God, we have the power to overcome our mood... our heart. I should not entertain how I feel and instead, be considerate and realize that there was no harm done and no harm will happened even if I have to wait another day. Jeremiah was very right when he said this, "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" Jeremiah 17:9 NIV

2 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Very good example Grace. Great post with so much meaning. We do have to be careful with how we react. Breaking the habit of becoming quickly upset over certain things out of habit is a hard one to break, but with the Lord it can be done. Love and blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Dear, Dear Grace Rachel is my daughter and you mentioned your prayers for her. What a wonderful gift God has given us in finding folks who share our faith and are willing to lift us up in prayer in our time of need. My Rachel is better. A readmission to the hospital was necessary in order to aspirate additional fluid that had collected near her liver. Please visit and I want to get to know you better. Blessings
QMM