Saturday, September 11, 2010

Touching Ground - My Philippine Trip (Cebu Arrival)

Since I left Florida, I haven't got the chance to blog about any updates of my Philippine vacation. I want to apologize for that and to those who wait. Anyway, here is the update for it, and I would like to start from Florida.
My husband drove me to Orlando International Airport around 6 o'clock in the morning. I can't help but cried when we parted. I really wished he was with me on this vacation. I bought myself a cup of coffee and a slice of cake at the departure area. Two hours after, the plane I was on left for Atlanta, Georgia. Bye, Florida.
My "connecting flight" experience in Atlanta was a miserable one. I came out from Gate A and have to go to Gate E. I made a lot of walking because 2 out of 4 trains that I was on were not working. Add to it, my two hand-carry luggage were both heavy and the worst thing was, I was wearing a brand new close shoes that really badly hurt my feet, especially the left one. The fact was, I almost missed my flight from Atlanta (Georgia) to Korea. I was really worried about it and I am glad that it did not happened.
My connecting flight experience in Korea to Manila was a less miserable than the one I had in Atlanta. There were long walking distance, too. I was glad that there were a lot of Filipinos that were with the same flight I was on, and I happened to have conversation with some of them. It makes me feel that I was getting closer to Philippines then. I was hungry while I was in Korea, so I make arrangement to leave my backpack to a couple of old Filipino ladies that were sitting at the departure area, and managed my way to one of Korean fast food. The food was good and the price was not bad. I enjoyed my moment while I was in Korea. I bought myself a piece of key chain for souvenir, that I always do every time I came to a place for the first time. I'm happy that at least, my Korea experience was not bad.
I arrived at Manila, Philippines at around 11:00 p.m. It took me a while before I spotted my 2 big luggage. I went out, looking for my friend, Ann, that was supposed to meet me then. She was not around. Opps, let me rephrase it, "She was not around yet." Yes, she was late. Well, I did not have to wait too long though. She was confused on which terminal to go. It happened to me before. Well, the spending started there. Taxis. Helper. Tips. Etc.
On my flight from Manila to Cebu was terrible, too. Missed flight, tips and excess baggage charges. I actually paid more than my plane ticket. But I want to say that everything was worth it. My sister Melinda, sister Gina and their family was there at the airport waiting for my arrival. There was a welcome banner that really warmed me up. There was those little guys (Baby Gab and Ace) that really melted my heart. There was the hearty lunch that consisted of my favorite home-made meals that prepared by my sister Melinda and her husband Raul. Thank you everybody for making my day wonderful. I was so happy to be home in Cebu. It has been my home from birth 'til I was in my 20's.


Lulu said...

love the banner! have a great time!

Cacai M. said...

wow.. welcome home Pinas na talaga Te Grace.. oi taga-Cebu diay kaw.. I thought CDO.. hehe.. enjoy! Looking forward of the pics! ;-) Now am excited going there.. :)

sweetdonut said...


i know u had a great time. keep posting your pics...:-)

Duni said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound! Have fun with your family!

Adi said...

Muie la iehovisti, mormoni si atei!

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

welcome back,hehe..