Friday, October 22, 2010

Finger Pulse Oximeter

A little more than a year ago, my father-in-law together with my mom-in-law and me took my husband to the emergency room because of sign of heart attack. He had difficulty breathing and was having spasm. The nurse examined him thoroughly and kept him there for the whole day to monitor his heartbeat, blood pressure and stress level. We then took him back home that night.

But few hours after we were all home, my husband had breathing problem again. His heart beat rose up alarmingly and was restless. The good thing was, his sister, a nurse, was there on that night to visit him. She had with her a finger pulse oximeter to monitor his oxygen. None of us was sleeping on that night. We were all surrounding my husband in the living room, talking to him to make him relax, while his sister was busy calling her doctor friend, asking what to give to him to make my husband’s blood pressure go down.

It is a good thing to have a nurse in the family. But if your family don’t have one, I suggest that at least, you should have a finger pulse oximeter, to monitor your oxygen for COPD. It is very important. I can help you find it. Visit ConcordHealthSupply.com

No comments: