Saturday, October 2, 2010

NFL Tailgating Is The Best

Guest post written by my buddy Aldo Mays

Tailgating is a custom and tradition that has taken place at football games for ages. I went to college at a small school in North Carolina. While we did have fun before football games and some big basketball games and other sports, I never really expierienced tailgating until I went to an NFL game.

The first one that I went to was back in the early winter of 2008. I was ate up with anticipation. I walked out of the house, made sure to set the adt home security, then headed to M & T Bank Stadium in Downtown Baltimore to watch the Ravens play my beloved Washington Redskins in a Sunday night game on NBC.

I took the Greyhound bus as it was only a 3 hour ride from my house. The station was only blocks from the stadium. I ended up tailgating with the folks from ExtremeSkins.com, the official message board of the Skins. They had everything that you wanted there. Pulled pork with two pigs, hamburgers, hot dogs, all the adult beverages that you wanted. We ate and chatted it up before we all got together and marched to the stadium. It was fun because I got to meet all the people that I had gotten to know though the message board.

It was very cold that night and unfortunately we lost the game. It was that tailgating expierience though that I will definitely not forget.

No comments: