Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Let Me Tell Ya Bout My Best Friend............Heather

Thanks for the post from Sylvester Campbell
.

As I sit down to right this that ditty "Let me tell ya bout my best friend" runs through my head. Isn't that the quintessential part of being a best friend to be there in the ups and downs. Well, Heather has been there for it all.

Heather and I went to the same High school and even hung around the same croud, but never really knew each other. I don't know when exactly it became that we were best friend, except to say that I don't remember a time after HS that she wasn't around. Even now, though the years have past and we are miles apart (literally she's on the West Coast and I'm on the East Coast) we are always there for eachother to lend an ear, be a shoulder to cry on or just a friendly "hello" over the phone at the end of the day.

Although we don't get to visit much, being so far away and all, we still make time to go see each other. Like this summer, my family and I packed our bags, set the information home security, and took off for a 2 week vacation to see her. And you know how sometime you try to catch up with someone you haven't seen in so long, and it just feels akward. That never happens to us, we pick up right where we left off and know nothing has changed except for geography.

No comments: