Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope that your Christmas day had been wonderful, as it was with mine. It has been three days that I haven't updated my post here in my blog. I have been extremely busy on these past few days, in my job, in preparing the gifts for the kids and in preparing for the family Christmas party which was yesterday afternoon. ( I will post about it soon.)
.
I was not even able to call my family in the Philippines on the Christmas Eve because I had to work earlier than was scheduled, but I called them on Christmas day (Philippine time) and was able to talk to my mama, greeted her "Merry Christmas" and Gene (my husband) had the chance to talk to my mama, too. I am sure that it made my mama happy. It is really my full time concern, to make my mama happy in every possible way that I can, as God permits it.
.
This year's Christmas was a whole lot different from our last year's Christmas. Although we still don't have a Christmas tree (because it was too late for us to get one and the Christmas will soon be over, and because money is still tight with us to get a tree), but somehow, we were able to put some Christmas decor inside our house. We are thankful to God that we were able to buy gifts to give away. I know, Christmas is not solely about decorating our house and giving gifts, but for the sake of our grandkids that will stay with us (for the first time) for a week, we believe that somehow, doing these things will make their Christmas day with us happier.
.
Christmas day, I just got up from bed, a bicycle was in our living room as one of my Christmas presents from my husband. I am so happy with this. This is one of the things that are on my "wishlist", and in fact, this was on the top of them. Thank you very much, honey.
.
As I said on my "wishlist post", I need this bicycle to help me build up my confidence on the road before starting to learn to drive, maybe later next year. I am now excited to go bicycling. Too bad, the weather is not being accommodating to me this day.
.
.
My husband got his presents, too. A set of different kind of hot sauces and spicy cheese (He's very fond of them and this was on his "wishlist", too.); necklace, some personal stuff and some cash from Dad and Mom.

.
Honestly, it is too hard to get something for my husband, because he hardly know what he likes. That is why I bought him things that I find online that I know he would need or he wants anytime of the year as an "off-occasion gifts". He is a great husband. I believe that he deserves gifts in season or out of season.

.
These are all the gifts I got from Christmas, not counting the bicycle and cash from Dad and Mom. I got a whole set of make-up kit, a pedicure set, pouches, a body lotion and an oil warmer set. I love them.
.
These gifts encourage me to take more care of myself. I know I needed this, but I don't know why I didn't get one for myself before. It can be probably because there are things that I need to prioritize and that I would feel guilty to buy these for myself. I am so thankful that I have these. It can be one of my "New Year's resolution" which I always have every start of the year.
.
.
This is not for bragging purpose. This is more like a documentary post, that I can review again in the future, or a proof on how good God has been in my life.

.
Again, Merry Christmas to everyone. I want to declare, to the glory of God's name, that I am so bless today. My wish is that you feel the same thing for today, and let us thank God for it.
.
Above all, let us not forget the true meaning of Christmas, which was a savior being sent to us, and set us free from eternal condemnation. Christmas is about showing how God loves us that He gave His only begotten Son, was born in a lonely manger, live a lowly life and was crucified for our sins, to give us eternal life. All glory and thanksgiving belongs to Jesus!

1 comment:

Campbell Jane said...

Merry Christmas!
You are so sweet. I'm glad you got gifts that will make you feel so good. I feel compelled to tell you that Jesus loves you and that you deserve to love yourself & make yourself a priority sometimes.
Many Blessings & Happy New Year!