Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Knowing The Bible Characters - Seth

My today's Bible Character is the third and probably the "unpopular" son of Adam and Eve (next to Cain and Abel). Some of you may have not even heard of him. According to the Bible, Seth was born after the slaying of Abel by Cain, and Eve believe God appointed him as a replacement for Abel. "God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him." (Genesis 4:25 NIV)
.
Something evolve out of Seth's existence, they are called the "Sethianism" which are also knows as "Gnostics". In some theory says that Seth and Job were one. There are so many theories about "Sethianism" and how they started, which definitely I have no interest because I believe that I don't want to waste my time on any man-made spiritual theories or whatever that is not of the Bible.
.
My objective here is to educate my reader that Cain and Abel were not the only two sons of Adam and Eve. In fact, the bible scholars said that there may be more sons and daughters that Adam and Eve had, but because it was through Seth that the genealogy of Jesus were flowing, and this is probably the reason why some other sons and daughters of Adam and Eve were not listed in the Bible.

No comments: