Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Perfect Love Casteth Out Fear

My husband just bought a new scooter a week ago, and I was so worried about it. I was so against of the idea in the first place, but he explained to me that it is savvy this way because the gas price is going up lately. I understood... and I chose not to complain about it. He has been riding a motorcyle for a long time already and I chose to trust him rather than whining about it. Although... I can't help but be scared every time I ride with him, I chose not to show it so that he will be comfortable with me, and also, I see and I know that my husband is a very careful driver, in which I am very thankful to God. . For days, I was holding God in my prayers every single minute, to keep us safe, especially when I was on the scooter. Then, I come to realize that I was no longer enjoying God's blessing to us... the scooter. So, I opened my Bible and look for His word. I was thinking to myself that I really need a verse that I can hold on, something that will blow my fear away. God gave me this: "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear." 1 John 4:18 . I know I heard and read this verse a million times already, but I didn't realize that I haven't understood its full meaning. I didn't care to understand either. Until then, that God gave this to me... and I asked Him, "God, what does this has to do with my problem?" God revealed to me then that His perfect love will keep me safe, protected, provided and loved; and that perfect love should make us feel invincible... that no harm will befall on us, because He is our shield and that He takes care of us, and that He has total control over everything that happens in our life. His perfect love means 100% safety and security. As a result... we will no longer fear on anything... anything at all. As long as we prayed and asked for protection, have faith in God... and don't entertain the fear anymore. It will be like an insult to God if we doubt it. And besides, God gave us a blessing... and He wants us to enjoy the blessing that we got. That is what I am clinging to right now. . Thank God for the scooter!

5 comments:

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

gusto kong makisakay sa scooter mo,hehe..

Lynn Whiteford said...

enjoy your scooter, I had thought of getting one too!

Pearl said...

i love the wisdom in your writings grace:-) may scooter ka na, yey!

Pearl said...

i mean may bago kayong scooter:-) do you know how to drive it grace? di ako marunong magmotor, hehe

couponsforzipcodes said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!