Sunday, April 17, 2011

Soar On Wings Like Eagles

I thank God that so far, there has been no scooter-related problems or any unpleasant that happened to us, except for the tanned skin that I accumulate from riding which I hate (but my husband love it). Come winter and the scooter will come to seasonal rest, and I hope that I will regain my natural skin tone again. ................................................................................................. While I learned to enjoy riding the scooter, I also learned few things that are related to our spiritual life, and one of them is what I call; SOAR. ...................................................................................................... I noticed that every time we crossed high and long bridges on a very windy day, after battling the bothersome wind, there is calmness when we reached the peak of the bridge. It reminded me of this word: "...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31) ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I was told that whenever there is a storm, the eagle would soar beyond the wind and there the eagle felt safe and free from the strong gush of the wind that may lead the fall. It has application in our life, too. But I want to believe that only the spiritually strong ones can soar beyond the "storm of our life", because it will need strength and determination to be able to conquer it. Not all the birds can do it, only the strong ones. As well as, not all God-believers are strong and determined. Strength and determination are acquired through regular prayer and meditation of His holy word.

2 comments:

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

fly high..like an eagle..

couponsforzipcodes said...

Good post. Thanks for sharing. I like this post.