Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Knowledge That Leads To Fear

We are back from our two weeks visit to the Philippines. We had a blast! I will post about it with few pictures in a few days. As of now, I am still very busy and had just recovered from ear infection. Thank God the pain is gone now. There is something I want to share with you right now though as God prompts me to.
 
 
This happened the other day, as I was eating my breakfast alone, as usual I have my cellphone with me browsing through my Facebook news feed. (By the way, I may have hundreds, if not thousand of friends in FB, but I customized my news feed, they are only from my very few carefully selected families and friends.)
 
There was a post about Astrology. I had always been attracted to Astrology when I was a little girl. I read a lot of books about it. Strangely, it had always stated the truth about me. However, after my spiritual conversion 30 years ago, Astrology was one of the things that I completely ignored ever since then.

The news feed in FB about the Astrology was not really something new, but it had just drew curiosity in me. I had decided to find out mine... and as I was about to, something prompt me;

"Are you really doing this?
"I don't have to believe it."
"Well, how about reading ODB as you are supposed to do every day?"
"Okay. I will do that first, then the Astrology."
 
So, I read the devotion materials for that day on "Our Daily Bread". The scripture reading and subject was about  Genesis 3:1-8. It was about the fall of the humankind on their pursuit on knowing "good and evil". Imagine how stunned I was??!! It was like getting a spiritual slap on my face and may have heard the word "wake up". It was definitely a rebuke for me right there.
 
 "And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;  but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” Genesis 2:16-17 NIV
 
I don't need to explain what is wrong with believing Astrology. Debate is not my strong asset. All I want to say is that for me, if God abhors it, then it is a NO NO for me. There is nothing wrong with being so diligent as they say, but if that specific knowledge will only leads to restlessness, fear and insecurities; then it is absolutely wrong. God wants us to live with peace in mind, love and security in His arms.
 
Have a blessed day.

No comments: