Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fruit Cocktail Tree

I was talking about gardening few post away. Another gardening magazine just arrived this day and it is BURGESS seed & plant company. I was checking each and every items they post in there and one particular item had really astonished me. It made me say, "Somebody is playing a god out there." It is the Dwarf Fruit Cocktail Tree. This is the definition:

"Amazing one-tree orchard! Pick 6 delicious varities from this unusual tree. Plant our Fruit Cocktail Tree when you don't have room for an orchard. Pick nectarines, peaches, plums and apricots all from the same tree. Harvest bushels of fruit. Have plenty for jams, jellies, canning, eating fresh and freezing. Self-pollinating and grows about 10 inches tall. Reach fruit from this little one tree orchard standing right on the ground. And the first bushel of fruit will pay for the tree. Blossoms in spring- fruit in fall. In spring your tree will be loaded with an abundance of blossoms. A spectacular sight for the whole neighborhood to enjoy. This is pretty enough to plant as a specimen tree right in your front yard. Full sun. We send 2-3' trees. Zones 5-8.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

hi Grace,
Oh I am here visiting you today!! thank you for having me.

What an interesting tree. I had a rose bush that bloomed like that also.

It had several different varieties and colors of roses on it.

But, our yard people who do the mowing when I ride with my hubby in the summer didn't water it and it died.

I hope you have a great day. I am making my post for tomorrow, my dinner is cold on the stove waiting for me, and then it's off to bed.

Blessings and hugs!!
Jackie:-)

Denise said...

Awesome tree.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Hmmm, this makes me curious. I really wonder just how good it is. Granted it is great for small areas, but, how good is the fruit. I know you can cross pollinate, but six different varieties on one tree? Very interesting.

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful &
cool picture !!

suman

Free Satellite TV